1910-1920s. An archive of 68 original photos of The Foote Manufacturing Company direct from the company›s files, obtained from the family estate in Nunda, N.Y. The Foote Company was a construction company in Nunda, N.Y. that produced a variety of paving machines. Founded in 1903 by Charles E. and Chester T. Foote, their original 1903 plant was replaced by a large modern brick structure in 1913. By 1918 they were producing power concrete mixers that were being shipped across the country and sold overseas. Their mixer was recognized at the San Francisco Exposition in 1913 and in 1926 the Company received the American Institute's gold medal, the first award ever made for road equipment. Continued improvements to their self propelled mixer-paver led to international recognition during World War II when their Multi-Foote 34E mixer was used to build runways wherever allied forces were located. The War Department recognized the Foote Company's war efforts in 1943 when the company and its employees received the first of three "E" awards, a joint Army/Navy Production Award. The Company was purchased by Blaw Knox in 1948; the Nunda plant was closed in 1955 and moved to Mattoon, Illinois.